Job Location: BEP North America | Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA
Job Summary: Plans, organizes, and coordinates all purchasing activities in support of BEP’s manufacturing and sales goals/objectives. Recommends objectives and initiate appropriate actions for purchasing area to meet department goals. Responsible for procurement of materials in assigned area. Develops and coordinates all supplier contracts and acts as team leader on supplier-related projects. Communicates any material problems and lead in finding solutions. Interacts with all levels of management and work closely with engineering, production planning, and other key personnel to ensure that requirements are met to support current and future production. Understands and maintains the computerized procurement system to provide accurate information to all BEP documents.
Requirements: Four-year degree in business or closely related field. Three to five years of increasingly responsible purchasing experience in management in a manufacturing environment. Strong leadership capabilities and experience supervising a team are required. Must have working knowledge of an ERP system, Microsoft Word and Excel, Internet, E-Commerce, and E-mail. Must be able to work in a team environment. Excellent communication skills. Organized and detail-oriented. Must have excellent problem solving and negotiation skills.
Primary skills and responsibilities: (others may be assigned)
- Direct and coordinate the activities of the purchasing department
- Plan, organize, and administer buyer development
- Provide guidance to buyers relative to their dealings with suppliers and persons from other departments within BEP
- Develop and promote teamwork relationships between Purchasing and the rest of the organization
- Analyze and review sourcing decisions and negotiate long-term contracts as appropriate
- Issue purchase orders and long-term agreements in a manner that ensures all legal and ethical requirements are met while still meeting BEP goals and objectives
- Expedite materials when required and handle any rejections or other problems on materials purchased
- Obtain the lowest possible long-term cost through negotiation, competitive bidding, as well as market and supplier knowledge, analyze and evaluate quotations from potential suppliers and aggressively seek and recommend cost savings possibilities based on new sources, substitutions, improved systems, and new items
- Understand the computerized procurement system and its relationship to the various interfacing systems. Maintain all purchasing databases to ensure dependent departments have prompt, accurate information
- Plan and develop long and short-range procurement strategies that ensure the materials supply and comply with the requirements of the BEP strategic plan and TE9000
- Participates with the management team in customer delivery acceptance, production schedules based on material readiness
- Assures material readiness to support and maximize production team build efficiencies