Job Location: BEP North America | Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA
Job Summary: Sets up and operates a variety of precision machines (lathes, boring mills, CNC machines, small mills) to perform a variety of precision boring, milling, drilling, tapping, turning, threading and facing operations. Requires a high degree of skill and knowledge of tooling to maintain exacting tolerance on interrelated dimensions. Plans and lays out work and reads blueprints.
Job Specifications: 3 to 5 years’ experience as a skilled machinist. Mechanical skills and aptitude. Blueprint reading and interpretation. Ability to communicate effectively and get along with fellow employees. Basic math and reading skills. Knowledge of high-speed and carbide tooling. Owns tools, measuring devices, and small hand tools. Must be a self starter and dependable worker, who is committed to continuous improvement
Primary skills and responsibilities: (Others may be assigned)
- Must know CNC programming “Mazatrol” and “Fanuc”
- Studies machining instructions such as job order, blueprint, process sheet, or layout on work piece to determine machining required, sequence of operation, tooling, feed, and speed rate
- Positions and secures work piece to table, angle plate, vise, or chuck and verifies position. Selects and mounts tools.
- Set feeds, speeds, and depth of cut, and to position tool and work piece in relation to each other, verifying position visually, with instruments, and by reading dials
- Starts machine and observes operation, making one or more trial passes before running in auto with manual control
- Verifies dimensions of machined work piece with such measuring instruments as micrometers, telescoping gauges, vernier calipers, and dial indicators. Works to close tolerances.
- Operates machine with automatic positioning controls
- Must adhere to safety requirements of the shop and maintain a clean work environment