Job Location: BEP North America | Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA
Job Summary: Responsible for controls design of custom test equipment, including high and low voltage control panel design and layout, analog and digital circuit design, and communications. Provide technical support for manufacturing, in-house build and field support of installed automotive test systems, as needed. Additional responsibilities include PLC programming, HMI programming as well as field support and troubleshooting both on-site and remotely.
Job Specifications: BSEE with emphasis on controls or systems design as well as three or more (3+) years relevant work experience is preferred. Position requires significant experience with AutoCAD, machine control design, troubleshooting, implementation utilizing 480VAC and 24VDC control panel design, variable frequency drive experience; AB, Siemens PLC systems (Mitsubishi and GE a plus). Individual must have a demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and work within a cross-functional team environment. Experience designing with and using variable frequency and servo drives is needed. Experience in programming PLC controls. Proficient in using Microsoft Office products. Self-starter and self-motivated individual who understands the importance of being a team player to achieve organizational goals. Individual demonstrates he/she is a firm believer in Total Quality Management by practicing and initiating constant improvements and by defining clearly task requirements. Effectively works under pressure and is task-oriented. Is willing and able to travel (domestic and international) as necessary (15-20%).
Primary skills and responsibilities (Others may be assigned):
- Create system design in AutoCAD (ePlan experience a plus)
- Program and troubleshoot control systems by close interaction with assembly and engineering team
- Ensure effective communication with customers, product and project managers, and team members in defining system requirements, system operation, and schedule planning
- Provide support of new and existing equipment by providing on-site or phone support by use of analog and digital circuit as well as computer hardware knowledge and troubleshooting skills
- Assists with machine start-ups and assists with coordination of installation services